A Blog For Eye-popping CGPA. Making Education a Worthwhile Adventure. Academic Excellence is Achievable. Your Success Is My Concern.
Subscribe to this blog
Follow by Email
We at Naija Cgpa blog are a team of dedicated young and vibrant intellectuals committed to helping our readers achieve excellence in their respective undergraduate programs. This we do with all sense of responsibility.
This write-up you are about to read is a sure bet to
banging that exam and ultimately getting an eye-popping CGPA. Hehehe. You just
sit quietly and read this. Happy you would be if you follow! Author's note: this article has a mix of both the English language and the Nigerian pidgin.
1. Don't ever miss classes! You dey hear ba? There
are a thousand and one reasons why you shouldn't miss classes. I'll be magnanimous to give you a reason: your
lecturer sure knows more than you. If you need to know the other reasons,
please absent yourself from classes, your CGPA at the end of the session will
2. Copy notes but listen more. Confused? Don't be
please. Pay more attention to explanations by the teacher. Sometimes, note
taking serves as a distraction which leads to missing out on important points.
If it were possible to record the lectures and play it later for note
3. Do assignments promptly and do it well. Ha! You
don't like assignments? You go fai…
It is one thing to attend classes, but getting the best from the lecture session is a different ball game entirely. I have outlined the following as steps to take if you desire to get maximum benefits from your lectures.
1. Come before the lectures begin: endeavor to be at the lecture venue (class) not later than 30 minutes to commencement of the lectures. The benefits of this cannot be over emphasized. It puts the mind in a relaxed mood, ready for learning. You also get the chance to make brief revisions before the lecture commences. Do this a few times and you'll see it becoming a part of you.
2. Sit in the front: O' yes! The back seat they say is meant for late comers and noise makers (*chuckles*). Sit in front where the chances of you being distracted are minimal. You also get to hear the lecturer clearly.
3. Come prepared: just like a farmer goes to the farm with farming implements, go to the class with whatever is required of you or things needed for convenience such as ca…
I've seen many reasons adduced by several individuals why grades do not matter or are less important in determining future successes. I do think the influence of grades has been understated.
No doubt, grades can be a poor way to determine someone's success or better still, measure an individual's self-worth.
Your success in life or otherwise may not be determined by how excellent your grades are. It probably isn't going to make you successful or unsuccessful.
However, grades are an instant image of you at any point in time. Grades are the foremost tools schools use to measure it's students abilities. This means it will give a huge initial judgement about you, which transcends beyond the academic environment.
If you think grades don't matter, ask that friend who missed that fully paid scholarship by graduating with a third class.
Grades matter if you desire to get that competitive job where employers look at CGPA.
As a fresh graduate, grades will matter until …